Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Blues (by John Gorka)

"Baby Blues"


Capo on 3rd fret

This is a pretty straight forward blues progression:  E A B (w/7ths)  And like
the blues, it's all in the feel of the performance...


E7                    A7                             E7
I woke up this morning and your baby blues was on my mind, on my mind

A7                                                    E7
I woke up this morning, and your baby blues was on my mind

        B7                      A7                          E7               
There's trouble in the kitchen, soon it will be lovin' time


Sister loves her honey, brother says the sun don't ever shine, ever shine
Sister loves her honey, brother says the sun don't shine
I'm in Pennsylvania, soon I will be doin' fine

CHORUS:
       A7
I said Oh, lady reel

       E7
I said Oh, lady moan

B7                                   E7
How long's it been, that you've been gone

(repeat chorus)

Papa bought a pistol, says he's gonna lead a life of crime, life of crime
Papa bought a piston, says he's gonna lead a life of crime
Mama's took to cussin', says she's gonna make him toe the line

(repeat chorus and end)

No comments:

Post a Comment