Saturday, March 26, 2011

On My Way Home (by Jeffrey McAndrew October of 2009)

On My Way Home   


I am a young man, so cold and all alone
Standing in the big world, a man without a soul
Reached up to find it see what it’s going to be
Plant a big tree, you got to plant a big tree
On my way home, on my way home

Trying to tell what my life is all about
Searching for the big time, turning myself inside out
Scrapin’ the surface, with the vigor and the grace
Oh…oh, on my way home, on my way home

Finding my pathway and the one less taken
Trying to find security I’m stirred by not shaken
Seeing the courage, the rigor and the grace
Get along in life now, get along in life
On my way home,  On my way home
Seein’ the sunshine of the joy on your face
Seeking the laughter and the joy that you make
I’ll be here with you girl or else the sun will not shine
On my way home..on my way home

(repeat and ad-lib, and finish)

No comments:

Post a Comment