Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sailing Away (by Jeff McAndrew and Fred Hersom)


"Sailing Away"

By Jeff McAndrew and Fred Hersom 07-03-2010

I see you sailin on  D G
I see you sailin away
Your smile and your love
Will never go away

Well you take my hand
And you take my heart
You say [all] the right words  [didn't hear in the recording]
Right from the start

{I see you sailin away
I see you sailin away}    {heard in recording but not written down by you}

Chorus 1

In life's deep oceans I now sail   A Em D A
Your lessons a beacon in my soul   A Em G A
In my heart your guidance does not fail A Em D A
With your love I'm never stranded on the shoals A Em G A

(guitar solo interlude)

Well, you’re proud of your son
Leave nothing undone
With vision and grace
We turn the next page

Chorus 2

You are an island in my soul  A Em D A
As I navigate the stormy seas A Em G A
No storm can gain control A Em D A
Cause you'll always sail with me A Em G A

Sailin away
Victorious day
The sky is so clear
As long as you are here...Dad

You're sailin away
And I'm sailin' on
You're sailin away
we're sailin on too
Sailin on we two  ----  don't need this at all just go with four lines above
instead??

Sailin away  (repeat and fade/ad lib)

No comments:

Post a Comment